After the Alabama Virtual Library dropped EBSCO's Auto Repair Reference Center, HMCPL purchased the Chilton Library auto repair database (GALE) for its patrons. This database is now available in the library or remotely (with library card number and PIN).
- From hmcpl.org
- Click on "My Digital Library"
- Remote access: log in with library card and PIN
- Scroll down until you see the databases.
- Chilton Library is in the first row.
- Click on the Chilton icon and then click "proceed."
Using the database is extremely easy. Feel free to play around by putting the year, make, and model of your own car. Select from "Repair," "Maintenance," or "Bulletins/Recalls." Once in the repair section, drill down to the part or system you need info for by clicking on the plus (+) signs.
Need more? Hear are some brief tutorials:
Navigating the Repair Manuals - 3:12 minutes
Selecting a Vehicle - 1:40 minutes
Accessing Bulletins, Recalls, and Maintenance Schedules - 2:35 minutes