Freegal music has its own iOS Application which can be downloaded from the App Store. Some users may still wish to download songs to their PC and synch to their mobile device, as they will have the advantage of having a copy of their music in their computer's storage.
Apple, the manufacturer of the iPhone and the iPad, does not allow the direct transfer of music into the device's music library, unless going through the iTunes store or using an approved application. To get music on the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, we recommend the following procedure:
· Download Freegal files to your computer by doing the following:
- Press “download now” on the song you desire (if you've previously downloaded the song into the iOS app, you can re-download the song to your computer by using the "My Downloads" link)
- Windows users:
- Press “save”
- Direct your download to Desktop
- Mac users: you'll simply see the songs appear in the Downloads folder.
- Next import the file into Itunes using one of the following two methods
- Open iTunes then drag the file from where you downloaded it to the open application - or -
- Drag the files using Finder on the Mac or Explorer in Windows to the iTunes / iTunes Media / Automatically Add to iTunes folder in your login directory's Music folder.
- Sync your device using one of the following methods:
- Connect your device with a USB cable and either Sync it or manually drag the songs to the iOS device - or -
- Use iTunes Match which will automatically transfer all your music to all your devices with no intervention on your part.
For more information about Freegal and HMCPL's digital services, visit http://guides.hmcpl.org/digitaldownloads.