How do I turn on the WiFi on my Huntsville City Schools laptop?
I am in the library trying to use the WiFi, but my laptop says that WiFi is not turned on. What do I do?
Last Updated: Nov 01, 2012 | 117 Views
Was this helpful? 1 0
If you have a Huntsville City Schools laptop, you must use Function key 8 to turn on the Wireless.
- Hold down the FN (function) key, and then press F8.
- A box should appear telling you that the Wireless function is off.
- While continuing to hold down the FN button, press F8 again. This should toggle Wireless to "on."
- Give your laptop a few seconds to boot up the Wireless. Click on the network button in the bottom right-hand toolbar and select "LibraryNet" from the list of available networks.
- After a few seconds, go to an Internet browser and type in a web address.
Still having problems? Contact a library staff member for assistance.