Q. How can a group be eligible for inclusion in the Community Orgs Database?
To qualify for inclusion within the Community Orgs Database, an organization must be non-profit, and be one of the following types of groups:
- Hobby groups ("The Huntsville Model Train Club," "The Pipe Smokers Troupe")
- Professional associations ("Madison County Plumbers")
- Ideological and like-minded clubs ("The Apathetic Club, "Huntsville Republicans Book Club")
- Community enrichment associations ("The Sad Puppy Shelter," "The Family-in-Crisis Outreach Program")
- Government sponsored programs and service organizations ("Alabama Cooperative Extension System")
Religious groups are allowed within our database provided their purpose is not to proselytize. Therefore the 3rd Baptist Church will not be listed, but the Baptist Women's Knitting Club is allowed. The Yoga Enthusiasts Club is allowed, but the Temple Yoga Center is not.
Like religious groups, political groups are allowed within our database provided their purpose is not to promote a specific political agenda through protesting or fundraising. The Madison County Republican Men's Club may be allowed, however the Madison County Republican Party will not be included.
A group's inclusion within the Huntsville-Madison County Library Community Organizations Database is not an endorsement from the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library. The library reserves the right to decide which groups are included within the Community Organizations Database and which are not.