Q. How can I get Consumer Reports online?
The Alabama Virtual Library includes access to full-text PDF copies of Consumer Reports articles. The AVL is available free of charge to all Alabama residents. Below are two ways to access these articles.
What if I want a specific issue of Consumer Reports?
- Go to www.avl.lib.al.us.
- Click on "View All Resources" in the middle of the top toolbar.
- Scroll down and click on "MasterFILE Premier." [This is the database you will use.]
- Type "Consumer Reports" into the box labeled "Publication."
- Change the date range to specify the month and year needed. [Use the same date in both sets of boxes if only one month is needed.]
- Click the "Search" button.
If you would like to browse through a list of issues, go to the Bibliographic Record for Consumer Reports.
From this page, you will see a description of the magazine and a list of issues by year and month. Click on the month you want, and you will get a list of all the articles in that issue.